No. 18 Texas takes on TCU

No. 18 Texas contests its final home match of the season on Saturday when it hosts TCU at the Polo Tennis Club.

The Longhorns split a doubleheader in their last action on Sunday. In the first match, Texas took a 0-4 defeat against Oklahoma. However, the Longhorn’s redeemed themselves later that afternoon when they shut out Prairie View A&M, 4-0. Texas is now 17-8 for the season and 1-2 in conference play.

As the season comes to a close, the Texas freshman have all had impressive debut seasons. Rodrigo Banzer is 7-4 for the season in singles play. Johnny Goodwin is 4-1 for singles dual match play.  Colin Markes is 6-1 for overall singles match play. Harrison Scott has made a name for himself in this season’s Big 12 Conference and has a 22-10 record in singles play. Scott and his doubles partner sophomore John Mee are also 9-4 this season. Finally, redshirt freshman Julian Zlobinsky is 11-4 in dual play and with junior doubles partner George Goldhoff, 13-8. 

Senior Michael Riechmann will be honored on Saturday during Senior Day festivities prior to the match and this will be his final home match as a Longhorn.

Following this match, Texas will have one remaining regular season match, before the Big 12 Men’s Tennis Championship and NCAA Men’s Tennis Championship begin.

Match play begins at 1 p.m. on Saturday.