No. 17 Texas plays No. 8 Oklahoma State

The Longhorns will take on No. 12 Oklahoma State on Friday at 6 p.m. at the Polo Tennis Club. 

Texas begins the home stretch of the 2016 dual-match season with a challenging schedule of conference matches in the coming weeks. The Big 12 Conference features all six of its men’s tennis programs in the top-50 of the latest ITA team poll, including five teams among the top-20. 

Texas takes on more than half of its conference schedule this coming week, including this past weeks’ match at Baylor and this weekend’s home matches against No. 12 Oklahoma State and No. 9 Oklahoma.   

The Longhorns’ suffered a 2-4 defeat against Baylor on Tuesday, but has still won 11 of its last 13 matches heading into Friday’s conference match at home.

Redshirt freshman Julian Zlobinsky and freshmen Rodrigo Banzer and Harrison Scott are each off to strong starts in their college careers.

Banzer made his collegiate debut during the ITA Kick-Off Weekend event against Florida and secured a win at No. 5 Wake Forest. Zlobinsky has a 10-4 record in dual-match play, and Scott, who fell out of the ITA rankings this week, has claimed nine dual-match wins at No. 2 singles. 

The Longhorn will also play Oklahoma and Prairie View A&M on Sunday at the Polo Tennis Club at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. respectively.